Thursday 9 June 2016

CC&S 177 Sketch: Anchors Aweigh!

I'm so sorry that my post for CAS Colours and Sketches is late, I really have had a busy couple of weeks! It also took me ages to decide what to make and I kept changing my mind!


It's Father's Day in the UK next Sunday so I decided to make a male card. I rarely make Father's Day cards as my Dad died a long time ago. It was, however, forty years ago this year (22/05/76) so I decided I would make a card to remember him. One of my enduring memories of him when we were children is our family day trips to Cromer. He would spend all day fishing from the pier! My mum would walk me and my two brothers into town to the bakers and we would buy a loaf of bread, go back to the pier and make fresh sandwiches as we needed them. We would spend the afternoon trying to catch brown crabs from the pier. It's endearing to observe that kids today still love doing that as much as we used to!


Back to Bev's sketch and my card which is quite self-explanatory! I love this paper pack from Craftwork Cards and it is particularly good for men's cards. The tag is from the separate tag pack. The anchor and shells have been cut from the papers and I used some old rub-ons for the lettering. The windmill (another little piece of seaside nostalgia) was made from a small square of paper and a piece of Candi.

Supplies Used:
Paper and Tag Packs: Harbour Boulevard (Craftwork Cards)
Snippets: Blue textured cardstock, rub-on letters

Next week I hope to be back on track as I'm not away this weekend!
Thanks for visiting.
Stef x

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful nautical themed tag and I love the smoky greys and blues. Rocked it Stef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card - I love this sketch and your interpretation of it. Lovely tale of your dad and family holidays too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love the pinwheel topper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic masculine card. It sounds like it brought back a lot of fond memories of your dad. {Hugs} from a sappy American.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the theme you chose and the colours. What a wonderful way to remember and commemorate your dad. Caro x

    ReplyDelete