Thursday 22 October 2015

CC&S #147 Sketch: Christmas Tree Triangles

Hi everyone! When I drew this week's sketch for CAS Colours and Sketches, it just screamed Christmas trees to me and therefore it wasn't hard to come up with a design.


I used a lovely 5-piece layered Christmas tree die set which I really haven't used enough especially as the trees are so easy to assemble. I curled, shaped and inked the edges of each layer to give the trees some dimension. The trunks are cut from snippets of brown paper and each tree is finished with a silver star. They are mounted onto a die-cut stitched rectangle which has also been debossed using a swiss dots embossing folder. The sentiment is printed directly onto the card blank.


Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers: Christmas Fancy (Dovecraft)
Dies: Christmas Stacker Tree (Dee's Distinctively), Stitched Rectangle Layer (Memory Box)
Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots (Magazine Freebie!)
'Greetings' Sentiment Font: Scriptina
Snippets: Brown paper, Linen cardstock, Sequin stars, Crystal Stickles

Well, that's another Christmas card made. Thanks so much for visiting. I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week!

Stef x

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm smitten by your pink trees and that gorgeous die! Gorgeous, girly and floaty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little pink trees. So floaty and pretty. If i was sent that card, I'd have to keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The script greeting works perfectly with those curvy trees. The pink is an unexpected color but it looks fantastic. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Stef! I absolutely love the softness of the pink trees, such a cute set! The debossed panel is the perfect backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those layered trees look delicious, they remind me of iced cookies for some reason. Excellent sketch, so CAS
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful! I have this die, but I did not think that you can use it so interesting! Colors unusual, but the card is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete