|Stamp: LC Emma Flower|
Papers: My Mind's Eye 'Quite Contrary'
First I made a twisted easel card and layered patterned paper onto the base and easel. I stamped the flower twice, once on a white die-cut oval and again on a piece of spare card. The oval was lightly embossed, layered and mounted as shown in the photo. The spare flower petals were coated with ‘glossy accents’ and left to dry. When dry, I cut the individual flowers out, curled them gently, decoupaged them onto the main image and added buttons. Another small flower, glossed in the same way, was added to the stamped and layered greeting. Coloured ‘Candi’ completes the design.
|Stamp: LC Flowerhead|
|Stamp: LC Flowerhead|
With the same stamp, I also made a quick note card. The flower was stamped onto a small square card with a glue pad, sprinkled with gilding flakes, tapped to remove most of the excess and left to dry. Using both stencil and soft brushes the image was then brushed to remove all traces of excess flakes leaving a beautiful gilded image. A red adhesive gem finishes off the centre.
|Stamp: LC What Fun!|
Papers: PMA Capsule Collection 'Heather'
I thought I would make a variety of projects and not just cards so next I made a corner bookmark. It was made from a square of patterned paper. The image was stamped onto a piece of white cardstock and coloured with Promarkers, using a blender pen to add texture to the elephant’s skin. It was then matted and layered onto the bookmark. A lace border, ribbon, punched flowers and adhesive gems were added to complete the project which was then photographed on my Robert Redford biography!
|Stamps: LC Warming My Cockles|
and Merry & Bright.
Tag card blank : Little Claire
With my snowmen stamps I made a Christmas tag card. The two images were stamped onto white cardstock, scanned and resized to fit the tags. The resized images were then printed out onto white cardstock and coloured with ‘Promarkers’. They were matted and fixed to the card. I also added a die-cut circular sentiment and a snowflake panel. Details were highlighted with adhesive gems and ribbon & lace were knotted through the holes at the top.
|Stamp: LC Swirly Whirlies 'Poppies'|
Paper: Craft Creations
I decided to do some stitching for my next card. The 'Poppies' image was stamped onto a white die-cut circle and coloured with ‘Promarkers’. It was matted and fixed to the card as shown in the photo. I made a yo-yo by gathering up a circle of fabric and stitched a button on top. This was fixed to the card with punched leaves as shown.
|Stamp: LC Good |
I chose a Christmas theme for my little girl's door hanger. I die-cut an aperture from a piece of thick, coloured card to make the hanger. The image was stamped onto a die-cut ivory label, coloured with ‘Promarkers, highlighted with ‘Stickles’ and fixed to the bottom of the hanger. I die-cut a frame for the aperture and decorated it with ‘Candi’, coloured to match the image. The project was finished with a piece of satin ribbon and dome stickers to spell a girl’s name.
|Stamp: LC Swirly Whirlies 'Owls'|
Having been involved with Girlguiding nearly all my life, I couldn't resist making a Brownie card with the Swirly Whirly Owls. First, I attached a brown paper rectangle onto a yellow tent fold card. Then I printed a Brownie trefoil onto a piece of white cardstock, die-cut it into a circle, matted it, added a peel-off greeting and attached it to the top of a tent fold card. The image was stamped onto a rectangle of white cardstock, coloured with ‘Promarkers’ and layered as shown in the photo.
For my last project I used my most recent stamp together with my love of paper folding techniques. I made a diamond shaped card using a piece of double-sided paper and decorated the side panels and centre square with layers of the reverse of the paper, inked at the edges. I stamped the image twice, once onto a piece of white cardstock and once onto a piece of shrink plastic. The main image was coloured with ‘Promarkers’, cut out, matted onto a co-ordinating piece of cardstock, cut out, mounted onto the central square and finished with adhesive gems. The shrink plastic image was coloured with coloured pencils to match the colouring of the main image, shrunk using a heat gun and fixed onto the bottom right of the right hand panel. Adhesive gems were added to the corners.
So that's it! I have sent all the photos off and will keep all my fingers crossed, though I expect hundreds of people have submitted entries and can I wish whoever is chosen the best of luck!